So, the motion sensor isn’t working.

Well, it doesn’t look like prototype 4’s motion sensor is going to be working any time soon. I didn’t design the part’s footprint very well, and the pads on the PCB are actually peeling up. Some of them even look like they’ve been burned by the SMD reflow gun. So, without going through all the effort it takes to make a prototype all over again, and on the same version of the board, there’s not really any way to get the on-board motion sensor working.

Fortunately, the particular chip I’m using, the InvenSense MPU-9250, happens to be just popular enough to have breakout-boards, and I’ve found one on Amazon Prime (free one-day, even) for about $12.

IMG_1967_2

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s